Monday, October 5, 2009

Givenchy / Audrey Hepburn


The 1961 film Breakfast at Tiffany’s is my favourite movie, I watched it when I was small and I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn in the classic gown created by Hubert de Givenchy in the beginning of the movie where Hepburn as Holly Golightly is looking into the window of Tiffany & Co while eating a croissant early in the morning. Everything looked so perfect. For me the incredible effect of that magical scene has never been matched.
Hubert de Givenchy retired from fashion design in 1995. His current successor to head the label is Riccardo Tisci. Even though, at least for me, there will never be second Hubert de Givenchy but Tisci’s gothic glamour influence that he brought for the label makes it one of the must see shows in my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment