Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MANOLO BLAHNIK Spring Summer 2010








Manolo Blahnik - Shoe Legend!


"I hate celebrities," he revealed to VOGUE.COM. "All those pointless girls - I won't name names, but you know who I mean. They are 'famous'. Ridiculous. I like women with style: actresses like Uma Thurman, icons like Audrey Hepburn. I like women with style to wear my shoes."


"Im obsessed with old movies, actresses like Sophia Loren and Maria Felix"

"I like things that are timeless. I love when you see someone who has had the same pair of shoes mended again and again, for years. I love things that are made to last and I admire women who have style. As far as the changing fashions, I just love shoes. I dont give a damn about trends"

"I think women in flat shoes look beautiful but it is more difficult to look graceful. When women wear flat shoes they often walk: stomp, stomp, stomp like a man. It is more of a challenge to be feminine in flats. You look at Audrey Hepburn or Brigitte Bardot when they wore flats tey were beautiful like a little reindeer but it is not like that fot everyone"

No comments:

Post a Comment